Thursday, March 29, 2007

CALIFORNIA

Wow, I totally missed that we were supposed to do an open post for today. I think all this spring break madness has gone to my head! Whoops. So I am posting now. I am taking the bus at 5 o'clock tomorrow morning to the Chicago airport!! I called the badger cab tonight and asked for a cab for 4:30am and the guy said the latest they could pick me up was 4:15 if my bus was at 5. I think that is excessive. I mean I already bought my ticket....I am just going to be sitting outside mem. union waiting to get on the bus for 40 minutes. but I didn't want to argue with the guy. urg. I am going to bed pretty soon....its almost 10 o'clock!! geez, I haven't gone to bed this early since highschool. I am all packed and ready to roll. My dad bought me this awesome new rolling duffle suitcase a couple weeks ago when he was here and I absolutely love it! It has more pockets than I know what to do with and its the perfect size. Anyways, about the trip. Jack is flying in to LA from Kansas and his flight gets in about 1.5 hrs after mine. His friend who lives in Santa Barbara is flying into LA from Switzerland that same day so we are getting a ride with her and staying in her apt. for the weekend. Then we are taking the train to visit my Cousin, Rachel, in San Luis Obispo for a couple days. Then we are taking the bus or train up to Santa Cruz where we will meet up with my sister and my mom. We are going to take a day trip up to San Francisco with them one day. Then on the saturday before we leave we are going to visit my aunt and uncle and 2 more of my cousins for the day. It is going to be really fun! I need to go to bed.....I hope everyone has safe travels and a fun-filled spring break.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! California is great...I'm assuming you've been there before? I went to San Francisco last summer with my mom and loved it, although I prefer San Diego. Sounds like you have an action-packed vacation, have fun!

Bobby said...

I'm definitely along with Becky in the jealousy department. Traveling around California sounds like a great break. Much better than my travel plans of Madison to Milwaukee. One of the only airplane experiences was to San Diego to see my brother graduate from Marine boot camp. His hardcoredness really doesn't run in the family though. I don't think I could ever be in the military. But anywho, have a great time in Cali!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a great time in Cali. I took a road trip from WI through North Cali to South Cali and into Mexico. for winter break last year. It was a lot of fun.... San Francisco is my baby sister's favorite spot in Cali. I loved northern Cali. Especially the beaches up there.

JC said...

Sounds better than scenic Eau Claire, Wisconsin (where I am... and live as well. *sigh*)